Who We Are
Occupational therapist (OT) focuses on helping children with special needs to be as independent as possible in all areas of their lives. This includes improving cognitive, physical, sensory, and motor skills and enhance their self-esteem and quality of life. We provide services for children with ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning disability, Physical barriers, Emotional and behavioral challenges, Down syndrome, Sensory Processing Disorder, Developmental Delays and other developmental conditions.
What We Do
Bangkok International Life Skills Centre provides occupational therapy services for children with special needs. OT helps children to live as independently as possible by focusing on developing their functional life skills such as:
- Focusing on improving gross motor skills e.g. hopping, skipping, riding a bike, jumping, running, throwing, and catching.
- Supporting fine motor skill development e.g. holding a pencil, cutting with scissors, doing up buttons and shoelaces and other tasks of daily life.
- Educating and involving parents, guardians, and others to facilitate a healthy development and learning of children.
Furthermore, OT also focuses on other functional areas such as cognitive-perceptual skills, sensory integration, visual motor skills, motor planning skills, emotional regulations, activities of daily living, and executive functioning, Occupational therapist is able to modify and adapt the learning and support materials for children when required in order to support learning skills in the classroom and at home.
Our services at the BILC :
– Use of assessment and intervention to achieve children’s Milestones.
– Contributing to the IEP (Individualized Education Plan).
– Develop, recover or maintain meaningful activities.
– Providing individual, group, and community sessions.
– Educating and involving parents and caretakers.
– Improving gross motor, fine motor skills, cognitive, and social skills.
– Optimizing the sensory processing systems.
– Adapting specific materials for children.
– Maximizing independence in self-care tasks.
For more information about occupational therapy: